Watch the October 16, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – October 2, 2017 and October 9, 2017 Briefing Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to reclassify Stacey Ells from an Accounting Technician, Range 2 to a Senior Accounting Technician, Range 2 for a revised maximum consideration of $4440.00 annually.
8.2 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8051505-8051730||$776,754.73|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 44562-44942||$651,962.72|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7003115-7003154||$927,036.10|
8.3 Approval to authorize ER&R to declare the attached list of vehicles, motorcycles and equipment as surplus and dispose of at the Washington State Surplus Sales and Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers.
8.4 Approval to set a hearing for Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider and take public comment on posting the speed limit on Dewatto Beach Drive at 25 MPH.
8.5 Approval to set a hearing on November 7, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider and take public comment on posting the speed limit on Little Mission Creek Lane and Lincoln Court at 25 MPH.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider Supplemental Appropriations and Budget Transfers to the 2017 budget. Staff: Frank PinterSupplemental Request:$400,000 to Non Departmental for 911 Enhanced Communication Tax$169,630 to Public Health for DOH CHG Grant $535,584 to Public Heath for DOH HEN Grant $250,000 Expenditure of DOE Grant Extension for Belfair Storm Water Grant$1,200 to Assessors Office for donated revenue
Budget Transfers:$80,000 Transfer from Mental Health Tax Fund 164 to Public Defenders Office
$323,877 Transfer from General Fund Ending Balance to: $50,000 to Public Defenders Office Department 001.240 $18,877 to District Court Department 001.100 $200,000 to Non Departmental – Accrued Leave 001.300.200 $50,000 to Non Departmental – Mailer Cost 001.300 $10,000 to Assessor for Accrual to Cash adjustment for Payroll 001.020
$16,831 Transfer from REET 1 Ending Fund Balance to: $10,000 to Veterans Assistance Fund – 190 $6,831 to Historic Preservation Fund – 116
$100,000 Transfer from REET 2 Stormwater Drain – 351 $80,000 to Belfair Wastewater – 413
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar