Watch the September 19, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – August 22, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to authorize Public Works to procure sweeper equipment for an estimated cost of $65,000.
8.2 Approval to authorize Public Works to advertise, set bid opening date/time, award contract, and allow Chair to sign all pertinent documents for call for bids to furnish Mason County with Asphalt Emulsion for 2018. Contract awards will be announced during a regular meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.
8.3 Approval to authorize Public Works to advertise, set bid opening date/time, award contract, and allow Chair to sign all pertinent documents for the 2018 Manufacturing and Stockpiling of Chip seal Aggregate. Contract awards will be announced during a regular meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.
8.4 Approval to authorize the Deputy Director/Utilities and Waste Management to execute an agreement with Parametrix in the amount of $88,894.04 to complete testing and analysis needed for Ecology to determine whether termination of post-closure activities at the Eells Hill Landfill is warranted.
8.5 Approval to appoint Ida Mae Sevier to the Lewis-Mason-Thurston Area Agency on Aging for term ending September 2019.
8.6 Approval to appoint John Bolender to the Mason County Housing Authority Board for a term that ends September 2022.
8.7 Approval of the renewal contract with Pacific Security for armed and unarmed weapons screening for Courthouses and campus security patrol from September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2019.
8.8 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8051034-8051215||$1,282,643.06|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 43800-44185||$621,911.11|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7003040-7003081||$923,867.94|
8.9 Approval to transfer $65,000 from Salaries and Benefits to Operating Expense within the Public Defense budget.
8.10 Approval of a Letter of Support from Mason County to Mason Transit Authority regarding Log Yard Road and SR-3 Intersection Improvements.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to approve adoption of the updated Shoreline Master Program and accompanying Shoreline Environmental Designations Map, Resource Ordinance and Development Code (Title 15), which repeals and replaces the current versions. Staff: Kell Rowen
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar