Watch the September 5, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Mason County Historic Preservation Staff: Michael MacSems
4.3 Presentation of 2018 Preliminary Budget – Auditor Karen Herr/Chief Finance Manager Leo Kim
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – February 20, 2017, August 14, 2017, and August 21, 2017 Briefing Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of contract amendments for the Consolidated Homeless Grant with Crossroads Housing in the amount of $147,504 and the Housing and Essential Needs Grant with Community Action Council in the amount of $518,065 per year for the contract period 7/1/2017-6/90/2019.
8.2 Approval to set a public hearing on September 26, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. to take public comment and action on the revision to Mason County Code 6.72.010 (b) “Authority and Purpose” to reflect current review process, state and federal regulations, and the Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan.
8.3 Approval to authorize the Deputy Director/Utilities and Waste Management Manager to sign a contract with Custom Controls Corporation in the amount of $8,110.38 to complete installation of the electrical wire and cap for Belfair Lift Station 1 Pump.
8.4 Approval to authorize Public Works to advertise, set bid opening, award contract, and allow Chair to sign all pertinent documents for the call for bids to furnish Manufacturing and Stockpiling of Mineral Aggregate for the 2017 calendar year. Contract award will be announced at a scheduled meeting of the Board of Mason County Commissioners.
8.5 Approval to authorize the Deputy Director/Utilities and Waste Management Manager to sign a contract with Correct Equipment in the amount of $9,318.25 to complete repairs to Rustlewood Lift Station 3 including two new pumps and a new control panel.
8.6 Approval of Mason County joining the Mutual Aid Agreement (MMA) for Tribes and Local Health Jurisdictions in Washington by signing the Local Health Resolution authorizing the execution of the MMA.
8.7 Approval to have the Chair sign Amendment No. 1 between the State of Washington Department of Ecology and Mason County Noxious Weed Control Board for the Spencer Lake Integrated Aquatic Vegetation Management Plan.
8.8 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8050697-8051033||$876,153.48|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 43421-43799||$659,091.89|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7003009-7003039||$500,003.29|
8.9 Approval of two Summer 2017 Mason County Heritage Grants for the Mason County Historical Society and the McReavy House of Hood Canal for a total of $7,882.53.
8.10 Approval of voicing no objections to the special occasion liquor license application for the Olympia Kiwanis Club on September 20, 2017, and to have the Chair sign the Notice of Liquor License Application from the Washington State Liquor Control Board.
8.11 Approval of the Department of Early Learning Interlocal Agreement funding for the Nurse Family Partnership Program.
8.12 Approval to set a public hearing on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. to consider the sale of real property located at 2169 & 2179 Lake Boulevard, Shelton. Parcel Nos. 32030-51-07010 & 32030-51-10001.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to present and take public comments on the draft 2017 Mason County Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan (CSWMP), requirements of RCW 70.95 and the Washington Department of Ecology.Staff: Bart Stepp
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar