Watch the August 1, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are three ways to watch live online at 9 AM: hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
AUGUST 1, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – July 17, 2017 Briefing Minutes; July 18 and July 25, 2017 Regular Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8050024-8050272||$1,818,382.67|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 42626-43022||$696,692.59|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7002935-7002965||$530,878.25|
8.2 Approval of voicing no objections to the special occasion liquor license application for the Mason County Senior Activities Association on August 6, 2017, and approval to have the chair sign the Notice of Liquor License Application from the Washington State Liquor Control Board.
8.3 Approval of contract amendment with Richard Beckman Realty Group, LLC for Real Estate Services extending the contract for one year to October 24, 2018.
8.4 Approval to purchase 15 copies of Microsoft Office Professional 2016 for all District Court staff and courtroom computers at a cost of approximately $400 each for a total of $6,000 to be paid from the Trial Court Improvement Fund.
8.5 Approval of Amendment #14 on contract C17118 between Mason County Public Health and the State of Washington Department of Health.
8.6 Approval of the 2017-2019 agreement #1763-94262 between the Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery and Mason County Public Health.
8.7 Approval to execute the resolution authorizing Public Works to purchase original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts as sole source form Trojan UV to repair the UV disinfections systems at the North Bay and Belfair Water Reclamation Facilities.
8.8 Approval to set a hearing for August 22, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. to adopt an ordinance amending Mason County Code, Section 15.13 and 15.09.030 to decrease reliance on the Hearings Examiner for reviews that can be conducted administratively.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to approve revisions to Chapter 17.03.030 of the Mason County Development Regulations regarding Development Requirements and Performance Standards. Staff: Dave Windom
10.2 Public Hearing to approve the resolution placing a proposition on the November 7, 2017 general election increasing the Current Expense levy by $2,700,000 and increasing the 2019-2023 levy amounts by the CPI inflation rate or 1%, whichever is higher; and authorize use of the 2023 levy amount as the base for computing levies in succeeding years. This is necessary to retain basic public safety, criminal justice and other essential services. Staff: Frank Pinter
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar