Watch the July 25, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 9 AM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – July 10, 2017 Briefing Minutes; July 11, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to appoint Jeff Bickford as a District 2 representative to the Solid Waste Advisory Committee for a 3 year term.
8.2 Approval to authorize Public Works to procure Chip Spreader Equipment in the amount of $325,000.
8.3 Approval to appoint Jerry W. Hauth as the acting County Engineer for Mason County for a period not to exceed six months beginning August 1, 2017.
8.4 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8049853-8050023||$504,501.38|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s||$|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s||$__________|
8.5 Approval to award a construction contract for Sandhill County Park Renovations to Construct, Inc. and approval to have the Chair sign on behalf of the County.
8.6 Approval to set a public hearing on August 1, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to take public comment on a proposed proposition increasing the regular property tax levy to a rate of $1.77 per $1,000 assessed value for collection in 2018; increase the 2019-2023 levy amounts by the CPI inflation rate or 1%, whichever is higher; and authorize use of the 2023 levy amount as the base for computing levies in succeeding years.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time-None
11. Board’s Reports & Calendars