Watch the July 11, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 9 AM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – June 9, June 12, & June 26, 2017 Briefing Minutes; June 20 & June 27, 2017 regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of voicing no objection to the special occasion liquor license application for the North Bay Historical Society for Allyn Days, July 14-16th 2017, and approval to have the Chair sign the Notice of Liquor License Application from the Washington State Liquor Control Board.
8.2 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s||$|
|Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s||$|
|Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s||$|
|Approval of Treasurer Electronic Remittances|
|Mental Health 6/10/17||$21,526.54|
|Viop Principal 6/1/17||$33,273.37|
|Viop Interest 6/1/17||$5,299.18|
|Mason County Public Works Local Bd-Principal 6/1/17||$520,000.00|
|Mason County Public Works Local Bd-Interest 6/1/17||$200,900.00|
|Mason County LGTO ’08 Interest 6/1/17||$45,255.63|
|2013 LGTO Bond A Interest 6/1/17||$3,450.00|
|2013 LGTO Bond B Interest 6/1/17||$36,268.43|
|Mason Co. 2011 BWWR-Interest 6/1/17||$66,270.63|
|Reet 1/Interfund Loan Principal Bldg. 8 6/1/17||$27,896.44|
|Reet 1/Interfund Loan Interest Bldg 8 6/1/17||$10,027.53|
|Family Law Facilitator 6/1/17||$5,000.00|
|Current Expense 6/1/17||$5,000.00|
8.3 Approval to set a Public Hearing on August 1, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider revisions to Chapter 17.03.030 of the Mason County Development Regulations regarding Development Requirements and Performance Standards.
8.4 Approval to authorize Public Works to work with United Way and Mason County Garbage to provide free disposal of solid waste from the Day of Caring and utilize a Cleanup day under the Long Haul Contract to eliminate disposal costs of the solid waste.
8.5 Approval to have the Chair sign the application for the Fiber Optic Network Construction with Mason County PUD No. 3 for overhead installation to the transfer station at 1611 NE Sandhill Rd.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to approve an ordinance exempting decks greater than 200 square feet from permitting requirements. Staff: Kristopher Nelsen
10.2 Public Hearing to amend Ordinance 24-09 which would allow for the adjustment of the 2009 Land Use Permit Fees to reflect current costs for services. Staff: Paula Reeves
10.3 Public Hearing to receive public comment on the Private Line Occupancy Permit requested by Gedora Leasing Company, Clarance Williams, Trustee for a water and sewer line at 320 E. Island Lake Drive, Shelton, WA. Parcel 32006-50-02116. Staff: Sarah Grice
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar