Watch the June 27, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 6 PM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – June 5, 2017 Briefing Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the resolution changing Mason County’s financial reporting the cash basis effective January 1, 2017.
8.2 Approval to set a hearing for July 18, 2017 to adopt an ordinance amending Mason County Code, Section 14.22 Flood Damage Prevention.
8.3 Approval of the Interlocal Agreement with the Washington State Department of Corrections authorizing services provided by the Public Works Department for vehicle, road or site maintenance, engineering, survey, GIS, emergency assistance, sign fabrication, fueling and materials supply.
8.4 Approval to authorize Public Works, Utilities and Wastewater Management Division (U&W) to purchase an additional license for Paradigm Software, associated equipment, onsite training and authorize the Deputy Director of Public Works, U&W Division to sign the System Implementation and Standard Support System Agreement Amendments.
8.5 Approval of the Interlocal Agreement with Central Mason Fire-EMS authorizing services provided by the Public Works Department for vehicle, road or site maintenance, engineering, survey, GIS, emergency assistance, sign fabrication, fueling and materials supply.
8.6 Approval of the resolution for the distribution of the Public Utility District Excise Tax, per RCW 54.28.090. The Mason County Current Expense Fund will receive $682,494.06 and the City of Shelton will receive $73,944.73.
8.7 Approval to concur with Thurston County’s appointment of Jenna Noll to the Timberland Regional Library Board of Trustees for a term ending December 31, 2019.
8.8 Approval of Warrants
|Claims Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 8049179-8049413||$897,484.10|
|Direct Deposit Fund||Warrant #s 41823-42225||$729,322.22|
|Salary Clearing Fund||Warrant #s 7002864-7002893||$521,059.41|
8.9 Approval of contracts between Mason County Community Services and the following agencies:
|Agency||Maximum Contract Award|
|Community Action Council||$554,832.30|
|North Mason Resources||$46,556|
|Housing Options for Students in Transition||$44,000|
|Community Youth Services||$7,356|
|Behavioral Health Resources||$50,520|
|Northwest Resources II, Inc.||$109,880|
|Local Recording Fees (2163)||$300,000|
|Local Recording Fees (2160)||$25,000|
|Mental Health Fund||$250,000|
|Consolidated Housing Grant (CHG)||$198,538|
|Housing and Essential Needs (HEN)||$554,832|
8.10 Approval to set a public hearing Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider increasing application and transfer fees for Open Space, Timber, Farm & Agriculture, and Designated Forest Land programs to $500 each.
8.11 Approval to set a public hearing on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider the 2016 Current Use Open Space Applications.
8.12 Approval to set a public hearing on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider budget revisions/reductions to the 2017 Budget as follows:
- Current Expense Fund reductions/revisions not to exceed a reduction of ($2,100,000)
- Public Health Fund reductions/revisions not to exceed a reduction of ($31,000)
- Information Technology reductions/revisions not to exceed a reduction of ($48,900)
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to amend Mason County Code, Section 17.90 Multi-Family Housing Tax Incentive Program to provide additional flexibility and opportunity for development of affording housing in the Belfair Urban Growth Area through 2020. Staff: Dave Windom
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar