Watch the June 20, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 9 AM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Proclamation- Amateur Radio Week 2017 Staff: Ross McDowell
4.3 News Release-County road chip seal and restriping Staff: Sarah Grice
4.4 Public Works bid award information. Staff: Sarah Grice
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit) If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – June 6 and June 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of Warrants8.1 Approval of Warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8049147–8049178 $28,100.59
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 41418-41822 $676,889.48
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7002822-7002863 $961,858.79
Approval of Treasurer Electronic Remittances;
Macecom 5/3/17 $93,044.82
Mental Health 5/10/17 $61,322.58
Community Health & Social Services 5/10/17 $592.54
8.2 Approval to set a hearing for Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to receive public comment on the Private Line Occupancy Permit granting permission to run water and septic transport lines under E. Island Lake Drive for parcel 32006-50-02116.
8.3 Approval to sign the resolution for County Road Project (CRP) 2011, North Island Drive culvert replacement project and approval to authorize the Public Works County Engineer to advertise, set bid dates/times and award contract. Contract award will be announced during a regular meeting of the Board.
8.4 Approval to set a hearing for July 11, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to adopt an ordinance adjusting the 2009 Land Use Permit Fees to reflect current costs for services as outlined on the Planning Fee Revision Chart.
8.5 Approval to sign the Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative Grant application for 2017-2018 in the amount of $22,000.
8.6 Approval to sign and execute the contract with Kelly Seago to provide indigent defense in District Court, and approval to authorize Frank Pinter to sign the contract on behalf of the County.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
9.1 Appointment of the Chief Public Defender position, effective June 20, 2017.
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to consider supplemental and budget transfer requests to the 2017 budget.
• $485,300.00 increase budget for RCO Grant #14-1581-North Mason Soccer Field revenue and expense.
• $67,110.00 increase budget for DOE Community Litter Grant revenue and expense.
• $3,000 increase budget for Clerk Miscellaneous Revenue-Administrative Office of the Courts Reimbursement
• $3,000 increase budget for Clerk Overtime Expense –Administrative Office of the Courts
• $29,319.00 Transfer of BECCA Grant Revenue & Expense Funds from Indigent Defense ($10,000), Clerk ($5,000), Prosecutor ($6,000) and Detention ($8,319.00) to Juvenile.
• $207,353.27 Transfer from Ending fund balance to Assessors ($32,649.13), Auditor ($42,230.67), Emergency Management ($11,137.90), Clerk ($45,599.31), District Court ($31,699.96), Prosecutor ($22,324.94), Superior Court ($256.00) and Treasurer ($21,455.36) Salaries and Benefits.
• $2,453.89 Transfer from Auditors O&M (104) Restricted Beginning Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $24,100 Transfer from County Roads (105) Restricted Beginning Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $1,650 Transfer from ER&R (501) Restricted Beginning Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $6,088.47 Transfer from Treasurer’s M&O (180) Unassigned Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $51,300 Transfer from Ending Fund Balance to $35,000 L&I Compliance Testing, $15,800 LT/Corporal Testing, $500 LT/Corporal Testing Cost
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar