Watch the March 21, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 9 AM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
JUNE 6, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – May 2, 2017, May 16, 2017 & May 23, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to have the Chair sign the Sub-recipient agreement with North Mason School District for their Football/Soccer Field Renovation project sponsored by the County under the Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) grant agreement #14-1581.
8.2 Approval of Warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8048843-8048929 $ 163,609.06
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 41018-41417 $ 686,865.20
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7002791-7002821 $ 498,818.41
Total $ 1,349,292.67
8.3 Approval of the July 1 – December 31, 2017 office lease agreement with North Mason Resources to provide office space for the Veterans Service Office in Belfair. The cost is $350 per month and will be paid from the Veterans Assistance Fund.
8.4 Approval of the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Bremerton authorizing services provided by the Public Works Department for road and street chip seal maintenance services. This agreement shall remain in effect until December 31, 2022 unless either party terminates.
8.5 Approval to authorize Public Works to procure pavement marking equipment not to exceed $110,000.
8.6 Approval to cancel the July 3, 2017 briefings and July 4, 2017 Commissioner meeting.
8.7 Approval of the resolution setting a public hearing to consider supplemental and budget transfer requests to the 2017 budget. The hearing will be held on June 20, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
Supplemental Requests include:
• $485,300.00 increase budget for RCO Grant #14-1581-North Mason Soccer Field revenue and expense.
• $67,110.00 increase budget for DOE Community Litter Grant revenue and expense.
• $3,000 increase budget for Clerk Miscellaneous Revenue-Administrative Office of the Courts Reimbursement
• $3,000 increase budget for Clerk Overtime Expense –Administrative Office of the Courts
Budget Transfers include:
• $29,319.00 Transfer of BECCA Grant Revenue & Expense Funds from Defense ($10,000), Clerk ($5,000), Prosecutor ($6,000) and Detention ($8,319.00) to Juvenile.
• $207,292.27 Transfer from Ending fund balance to Assessors ($32,649.13), Auditor ($42,230.67), Emergency Management ($11,137.90), Clerk ($45,599.31), District Court ($31,699.96), Prosecutor ($22,324.94), Superior Court ($256.00) and Treasurer ($21,455.36) Salaries and Benefits.
• $2,453.89 Transfer from Auditors O&M (104) Restricted Beginning Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $24,100 Transfer from County Roads (105) Restricted Beginning Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $1,650 Transfer from ER&R (501) Restricted Beginning Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $6,088.47 Transfer from Treasurer’s M&O (180) Unassigned Fund Balance to Salaries and Benefits.
• $150,000 Transfer from REET 2(351) to Belfair WW (413).
• $100,000 Transfer from REET 2 (351) to Storm Water (480).
• $51,300 Transfer from Ending Fund Balance to $35,000 L&I Compliance Testing, $15,800 LT/Corporal Testing, $500 LT/Corporal Testing Cost
8.8 Approval to set a hearing for June 27, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. to revise Title 17.90.040 (d) to identify a discounted Capital Facilities Charge for Multi-Family Dwellings in the Belfair UGA serviced by the Belfair Sewer
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public Hearing to consider the rezone of Parcels 12317-41-00050 and 12317-41-00060 from Rural Residential 5 to Rural Industrial.
Staff: Paula Reeves
10.2 Public Hearing to consider an ordinance amending Mason County Code Title 14, Building and Construction, Chapter 14.08, Building Code Amendments, Amending section 14.08.031 to allow exemptions for Agricultural, Storage Structure, and cargo containers as storage.
Staff: David Windom
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar