Watch the May 9, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 9 AM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, MAY 9, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – May 1, 2017 Briefing Minutes and April 25, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to have the Chair sign the Interlocal Agreement between Mason and Thurston County allowing either party to provide traffic and road maintenance services.
8.2 Approval to set a public hearing for June 6, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. to consider an ordinance amending Mason County Code Title 14, Building and Construction, Chapter 14.08, Building Code Amendments, Amending Section 14.08.031 to allow Exemptions for Agricultural, storage structures, and cargo containers as storage.
8.3 Approval of Warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8048288-8048405 $681,234.96
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $__________
Total $ 681,234.96
8.4 Approval to amend the Interlocal Agreement between Mason County and Thurston County that established the Thurston-Mason Behavioral Health Organization (TMBHO). The amendment allows for the TMBHO to organize as an LLC, as authorized by RCW 39.34.030 (3)(b.). This agreement shall commence upon final approval of the Counties and shall be in force until such time it is terminated by the participating Counties.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar