Watch the April 18, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 9 AM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel, hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, APRIL 18, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release- Request for Proposal Mental Health & Chemical Dependency Sales & Use Tax Staff: Todd Parker
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – March 20, 2017 Briefing minutes
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of Warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8047650–8047920 $711,918.71
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 39833-40226 $ 663,925.47
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7002678-7002717 $956,307.26
Approval of Treasurer Electronic Remittances;
Macecom 3/10/17 $ 108,728.10
Mental Health 3/10/17 $ 905.66
Indirect Charges for Road 3/21/17 $ 559,229.00
Indirect Charges for ER & R 3/21/17 $ 83,690.00
ER & R Interfund Loan to Current Expense 3/21/17 $148,118.45
Total $ 2,609,089.03
8.2 Approval of Veterans Assistance Fund applications for: Necessity Items $750.00; Utilities $2,600.14 and Housing $1,600.00 for a total of $4,950.14.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time
10.1 Public hearing to consider supplemental and budget transfer requests to the 2017 budget. The supplemental requests include:
• $1,346,534 increase budget for Department of Commerce State Grant revenue and expense.
• $71,903.84 increase budget for CDBG Public Services Grant revenue and expense.
• $269,210 increase budget for CDBG Economic Opportunity Grant revenue and expense.
• $247,119.03 increase budget for VSP Work plan Development Grant revenue and expense Grant.
• $275,000 increase budget for Mental Health Fund for BHO Building Purchase.
• $3,062.00 increase budget for CASA Grant revenue and expense.
• $196.00 decrease budget for Becca Grant revenue and expense.
• $100,000 budget transfer from Mental Health to Veterans Fund for year-end corrections.
• $65,000 Transfer from Sheriff/LEOFF 1 to Support Services/LEOFF 1.
Staff: Jenifer Sliva
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar