Watch the March 28, 2017 Mason County Commission meeting. There are four ways to watch live at 6 PM: Hood Canal Communication’s local channel (46), hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. You can also watch on demand on hcc.net/news, MasonWebTV.com or Mason County’s website: co.mason.wa.us. Rebroadcasts on Hood Canal Communication’s local channel are Thursday at 6 PM, Saturday at 2 PM and Sunday at 9 AM.
Here is the meeting’s agenda:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 10. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – March 6, 2017 Briefing Minutes; March 21, 2017 Regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval to execute the amendments to the Public Defender 2016 Client Service Contract with Taschner and McNamara-Jardine and to authorize Frank Pinter to sign on behalf of the County.
8.2 Approval to sign the Associate Development Organization Certification/Designation Form designating the Mason County Economic Development Council as the Associate Development Organization (ADO) to coordinate economic development services for Mason County under contract with the Washington State Department of Commerce. This is pursuant to RCW 43.330.080 and is for the 2017-2019 biennium.
8.3 Approval of the resolution setting a public hearing to consider supplemental and budget transfer requests to the 2017 budget on April 18th at 9:30 a.m. The supplemental requests include:
• $1,346,534 increase budget for Department of Commerce State Grant revenue and expense.
• $71,903.84 increase budget for CDBG Public Services Grant revenue and expense.
• $269,210 increase budget for CDBG Economic Opportunity Grant revenue and expense.
• $247,119.03 increase budget for VSP Work plan Development Grant revenue and expense Grant.
• $275,000 increase budget for Mental Health Fund for BHO Building Purchase.
• $3,062.00 increase budget for CASA Grant revenue and expense.
• $196.00 decrease budget for Becca Grant revenue and expense.
• $100,000 budget transfer from Mental Health to Veterans Fund for year-end corrections.
• $65,000 Transfer from Sheriff/LEOFF 1 to Support Services/LEOFF 1.
8.4 Approval to execute the Annual Certification for Calendar Year 2016; Certification of Expenditures for Traffic Law Enforcement-2016; and Certification for Expenditures for Fish Passage Barrier Removal-2016 to be included in the annual submittal to the County Road Administration Board by the Department of Public Works.
8.5 Approval to appoint Mary Jo Cady and Don Pogreba to the Transportation Improvement Program Citizens Advisory Panel (TIP-CAP).
8.6 Approval of Veterans Assistance Fund applications for: Necessity Items $150.00 and Utilities $2,004.24 for a total of $2,154.24.
8.7 Approval of Warrants
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8047226–8047333 $ 174,823.32
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s $
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s $___________
Total $ 174,823.32
8.8 Approval to reappoint Evan Bauder and appoint Ron Gold to the Hood Canal Coordinating Council Citizen Advisory Group for a three year term ending March 28, 2020.
8.9 Approval to execute the 2017 Professional Services Contract with the Economic Development Council of Mason County in the amount of $68,000.
8.10 Approval to execute the contract with Michael Anderson to provide indigent defense in District Court and approval to have Frank Pinter sign the contract on behalf of the county.
9. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- No hearings scheduled.
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar