Ballots for the November 8th General Election have been mailed to registered voters and most should already have them in hand or will be receiving them in the next few days. Here are some resources to help voters make informed decisions as the ballot includes nine statewide measures, the President and Vice President, U.S. Senator, U.S. Congressman, and all State offices.
There are also races for both 35th District State Representative positions, two Mason County Commissioner seats, Judicial races from Supreme Court to Mason County Superior Court and the formation of Metropolitan Parks District in unincorporated Mason County as well as Park District Commissioner.
MasonWebTV Powered by HCC broadcast two candidates debates:
Was on hand for a Parks District Commission candidates forum:
Recorded the League of Women Voters of Mason County’s pros and cons program on the formation of the MPD:
And interviewed the candidates for each contested local race.
Mason County Commissioner District 1:
Mason County Commissioner District 2:
35th District State Representative Pos. 1:
35th District State Representative Pos. 2:
Mason County PUD No. 1 Commissioner:
Ballots need to be returned to the Mason County Auditor’s Office by 8 PM November 8th. There are six ballot drop box locations:
- Mason County Offices, Building 1, 411 N Fifth St, Shelton WA 98584
- North Mason, John L. Scott Building, 23910 NE State Route 3, Belfair WA 98528
- Port of Allyn, 18560 E State Route 3, Allyn WA 98524
- Hood Canal Visitor Center, 150 N Lake Cushman Rd, Hoodsport WA 98548
Two with Drive-thru Access:
- Timberland Regional Library, 710 W Alder, Shelton WA 98584
- Kamilche Area, Fire District No. 4 Station, 3660 SE Old Olympic Hwy, Shelton WA 98584
If mailing in your ballot, it must have a postmark no later than November 8th.