Watch the latest Mason County Commission meeting:
Here is the agenda for February 23, 2016:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 6:00 p.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2016
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 News Release-100 Day Challenge to End Family Homelessness. Staff: Tammey Newton
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 9. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 6:30 p.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – January 25, 2016 briefing minutes and February 9, 2016 regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the Action Agenda may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Continued from February 16, 2016….Approval to sign the letter of support for the Sweetwater Creek Waterwheel Park project as requested by the Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group.
8.2 Approval of the Veterans Assistance Fund applications for: Necessity Items $150.00 as recommended by the Veterans Service Office.
8.3 Approval of the 2015 Oath of Inventory for Machinery and Equipment pursuant to RCW 36.32.210 and Mason County Code Chapter 3.56.
8.4 Approval to voice no objections to the special occasion license application from North Mason Resources for an event to be held on February 27, 2016 at the Theler Community Center in Belfair and for the Chair to sign the related documents.
9. 6:30 p.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time – There are no public hearings.
10. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
11. Board’s Reports & Calendar