Watch the North Mason School District’s community meeting on the Theler Center:
The meeting starts at 6:30 PM. Here is the agenda:
Forum Welcome by Superintendent Rosenbach
Flag Salute. Superintendent Rosenbach will lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
Moderator Introduction by Superintendent Rosenbach
* The purpose of this forum is to engage our community in problem-solving.
* The Theler Wetlands property is an asset to our students and to the community at large. However, the trust that for many years supported the property is reaching the point of no longer being able to do so. Donations and rental fees do not currently support all the costs of maintaining and managing the facility. We would like to hear what ideas our community members have for the support and use of the property in the future. The board intends to listen to the ideas shared in an open-mike format. The evening will be recorded and the board will have time to review the input before discussing next steps during a regularly scheduled board meeting.
* This is a public forum, not a school board meeting. It is not an opportunity for dialogue, but an information gathering event. Therefore, the bulk of this meeting will be dedicated to public comment.
* We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
* This meeting will be managed by a moderator.
* We ask that you sign in if you intend to speak.
* Comments should be limited to three minutes. If the presenter wishes the board to have more information, you may also submit written comments.
* The three-minute limit is enforced at the discretion of the moderator.
* If at any time a speaker becomes argumentative, they will be warned. If an audience member or speaker is disruptive, they will be removed.