Watch the latest Mason County Commission Meeting:
Here is the agenda for January 19th:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 9:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, January 19, 2016
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda
Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 9. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – December 21, 2015 & January 4 & 11, 2016 briefing minutes and December 15, 2015 & January 12, 2016 regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Continued from January 5, 2016-Approval to appoint Frank Benavente to the Mason County Housing Authority Board.
8.2 Approval of the resolution to cancel outstanding warrants which have not been presented for payment per RCW 39.56.040.
8.3 Approval of the resolution to cancel uncollectible personal property taxes per RCW 84.56.240.
8.4 Approval for the Board to sign Acknowledgment of Receipt-2015 Property Tax Refunds determined by RCW 84.69.020.
8.5 Approval of the Veterans Assistance Fund applications for: Food $300.00; Utilities $1211.84 and Housing $3750.00 for a total of $5261.84 as recommended by the Veterans Service Office.
8.6 Approval of the Memorandum’s of Understanding with seven school districts for use of their facilities as Alternate Care Facilities in the event of a disaster. The school districts are as follows: Grapeview, Pioneer, Shelton, North Mason, Southside, Mary M. Knight and Hood Canal.
8.7 Approval to set three public hearings at 9:30 a.m. as follows:
1. February 9, 2016 to consider a speed limit increase on Highland Road
2. February 9, 2016 to consider a speed limit decrease on North Bay Road
3. February 16, 2016 to consider a speed limit decrease on Belfair Tahuya Road.
8.8 Approval of the Funding Board Project Agreement with the Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) and authorize the Chair to sign the agreement for Coulter Creek Acquisition Phase II. This agreement allows the County to purchase approximately 58 acres at the head of North Bay in Mason County for planned use to include passive recreation, onsite boardwalks, view points and restrooms.
8.9 Approval of the Professional Services Agreement between Mason County Facilities and Parks and Capitol Land Trust for acquisition services for Coulter Creek Property.
9. 9:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time – There are no public hearings.
10. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
10.1 Announcement of Bid Awards: Staff: Melissa McFadden
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar