Watch the latest Mason County Commission meeting:
Please note the start time of this meeting is an hour later than usual: 10 AM instead of 9 AM.
Here is the agenda for January 5, 2016:
BOARD OF MASON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Commission Chambers – 10:00 a.m.
411 North Fifth Street, Shelton WA 98584
TUESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2016
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Correspondence and Organizational Business
4.2 Selection of 2016 Chair and Vice-Chair
5. Open Forum for Citizen Input (5 minutes per person, 15 minutes time limit)
If you wish to address the Commission, raise your hand to be recognized by the Chair. When you have been recognized, please step up to the microphone and give your name and address before your comments. The Mason County Commission is committed to maintaining a meeting atmosphere of mutual respect and speakers are encouraged to honor this principle.
6. Adoption of Agenda – Items appearing on the agenda after “Item 9. Public Hearings”, may be acted upon before 9:30 a.m.
7. Approval of Minutes – December 1 & 8, 2015 regular meeting minutes.
8. Approval of Action Agenda: All items listed under the “Action Agenda” may be enacted by one motion unless a Commissioner or citizen requests an item be removed from the Action Agenda and considered as a separate item.
8.1 Approval of the resolution for the Teamsters Probation Services Collective Bargaining agreement to participate in the Washington State Insurance plans through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB).
8.2 Approval to appoint Frank Benavente to the Mason County Housing Authority Board of Commissioners filling a vacated term that ends July 1, 2016
8.3 Approval of Warrants:
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8033357-8033490 $583,955.52
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8033524-8033613 $260,868.63
Claims Clearing Fund Warrant #s 8033953-8034321 $325,777.45
Direct Deposit Fund Warrant #s 27453-28208 $611,101.91
Salary Clearing Fund Warrant #s 7001528-7001595 $1,371,777.10
For a total of: $3,153,480.61
Claims Clearing YTD Total…………………$35,115,196.21
Direct Deposit YTD Total …………………$14,351,340.59
Salary Clearing YTD Total ………………….$15,871,491.77
8.4 Approval for the Board to sign the Interlocal Levy Agreement between Mason County and the Shelton Metropolitan Park District (MPD). The MPD has been declared by Resolution that a regular property tax is authorized for collection in 2016.
8.5 Approval of the Veterans Assistance Fund applications for: Utilities $443.95 as recommended by the Veterans Service Office.
8.6 Approval of the Professional Services Agreement with Robert D. Sauerlender as Court Commissioner for a term beginning Jan 1, 2016 and ending December 31, 2016.
8.7 Approval of the Interlocal Agreement between Mason County and Lewis County allowing Mason County Jail to utilize Lewis County Jail to hold Mason County offenders due to the lack of space at the Mason County Jail and per RCW 39.34.080.
9. 10:30 a.m. Public Hearings and Items Set for a Certain Time- There are no public hearings.
10. Other Business (Department Heads and Elected Officials)
11. Board’s Reports and Calendar