A burn ban is now in effect for Mason County as of 12 PM Friday, July 11, 2014. The Mason County Fire Marshal’s Office in conjunction with the Mason County Fire Chiefs issued County Wide burn ban restricting all outdoor burning to include residential, agricultural, and land clearing fires. Recreational fires are currently approved and must meet the following conditions:
– Fires shall be in metal or concrete fire pits, such as those typically found in designated campgrounds.
– Recreational fires are not used for yard debris disposal.
– Maximum size of three feet in diameter.
– 10 foot fire break constructed around the fire with a 20 foot vertical clearance.
– Fire must be 25 feet away from a structure or other combustible material.
– Must not create a nuisance from smoke or endanger life or property.
– Adult in attendance with equipment capable of extinguishing the fire at all times.